Thanks

Moving an email account to a different pst file

My friend reinstalled Outlook on Win XP, configured his email accounts, then called me to try to get it straightened out because it was not delivering emails to the correct pst's. He has 3 Cox pop3 accounts, and one GoDaddy IMAP account. They were all being delivered to the same pst file. He previously had the IMAP account going to its own pst file. That other pst file was opened and displayed in the folder list. I went to Tools/email accounts and told the IMAP account to deliver to the pst it used to use, but after a reboot I saw that it had created a new pst file and was delivering the IMAP account email there. I assume I can just move the emails from the old currently unused pst into the new pst that the IMAP account is delivering to, but I am wondering why this happened and is there a better way to do this. Thanks

Thanks
    I've been doing some research, I may have found an answer. I've found an article that says IMAP Outlook files cannot be used by a profile other than the one that created them. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks