2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report design, multiple 1-to-many relationships

Hi, I have an Access 2010 database recording weekly staff interaction summaries, and there are several 1-to-many relationships. Each record in the main form is for 1 staff member for that week, and any number of "meetings attended", "referred from", "issues" and "outcomes" entered via a sub-form for each. Further, the issues and outcomes record the count of each of those sub-form records.

For a "meetings attended" example, Jane may have attended 3 staff meetings, 2 client meetings, John 4 client meetings and 2 supervision meetings.

I am seeking guidance on how (or if?) I can create a report that will summarise this, hopefully a combination of meetings, referred from, issues and outcomes all on one report similar to the form itself. I would like to sum Jane's meetings, John's meetings, total client meetings, total staff meetings etc.

Could anyone point me in the general direction of how to approach this?

Regards
    Roger

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Roger,

Creating this type of report can be challenging but it CAN be done. I did something similar with our HOA where I had to create the annual billings. Each owner can own several lots and docks, and pay the community for Mowing empty lots and maintenance/electrification fees for docks. Here's a flow chart {yeah I know I'm dating myself} of what the process looks like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree with Roger, Can be done but challenging.
    What I do is to create small queries to get all required data then combine them into the main query that will be used in the report...
    It work to me at least.