Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts

Windows 8 PowerShell Tiles

Hey Y'all,

I'm trying to figure out the Tiles on the Windows 8 Start screen for PowerShell.

The top two have a (x86) at the end of the title. The two on the left are both for the ISE and I can't figure out what the difference between the one with the (x86) and the one without it are. Does anyone know?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    You'll notice that the PowerShell ISE has a wider interface than the plain PowerShell. The ISE has more extensive scripting and UI.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../dd315244.aspx

The Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a host application for Windows PowerShell. In Windows PowerShell ISE, you can run commands and write, test, and debug scripts in a single Windows-based graphic user interface with multiline editing, tab completion, syntax coloring, selective execution, context-sensitive help, and support for right-to-left languages. You can use menu items and keyboard shortcuts to perform many of the same tasks that you would perform in the Windows PowerShell console. For example, when you debug a script in the Windows PowerShell ISE, to set a line breakpoint in a script, right-click the line of code, and then click Toggle Breakpoint.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Clint,

Yes, but what is the difference between PowerShell ISE and PowerShell ISE (x86) {note this is the tile that shows the ... } tiles? I can't see any difference when I start them up but they are different as I had to set the execution policy in each {set-executionpolicy remotesigned}.

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    If your working out of a 64 bit OS, then most people tend to use the 64 bit ISE, unless you start encountering errors, or you
    are specifically working with a 32 bit Visual Studio, or other 32 bit.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    CLiNT,

Ding! The bell just went off.
    So the (x86) is the 32 bit version? Don't know why I didn't make that connection.

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs