New Lounger
    Thanks

Question migratingWin 7 32 bit to 64 bit

i have purchased anew 64 bit PC running Win7 Home Premium. All my existing PC's are running 32bit Win7 Home Premium. Is there a step-by-step guide to moving my 32 bitsoftware & hatdware to the 64 bit PC. I realize all of my drivers need tobe changed and I am sure there are other factors I must take intoconsideration.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Pretty much any software that runs on 32-bit Windows 7 will run on 64-bit Windows 8. If you are unsure of a particular program check with the author or ask here.

Note: you can network 32-bit Windows & 64-bit Windows machines without a problem too. So, you can take your time moving programs and hardware. If you have difficulty finding a 64-bit driver for a device you may be able to just leave it on the 32-bit Windows PC and access it from your network.

Joe

Thanks
    Your software should install without any problem, whichever version of Windows you are running. There are some exceptions to that. If you have the correct bit version, then install it. Otherwise, simply install what you have.

Your drivers, on the other hand, must match on the bits. You'll need to download and install the correct drivers, if you don't already have them.

After installing all devices, check device manager to make sure it's all working.

There's not really a step-by-step method to doing this. Just make sure you have installed everything, then check it to make sure it is all working.
    Last edited by mrjimphelps; 2012-11-29 at 12:04.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks