Thanks

Sync Outlook with Google Apps

I installed Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook - http://support.google.com/a/users/bi...pic=23333&rd=1
    By default it sets up a new Outlook profile, and upon starting Outlook you need to pick which profile to use. Does anyone have experience with this and know why it needed to create a new profile (it did not give an option to use the existing profile) and whether or not I can add my existing email accounts into this profile?
    Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    See if this is any help to you: https://support.google.com/a/users/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=28813&rd=1

C
    an't help more than this, sorry, as I don't use Google Apps.

Thanks
    I can't find anything there that addresses this issue. Seems odd that they think it needs its own profile. Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Basically it provides info on how to import all you have, so that would mean you could replace the existing profile?

Thanks
    Yes I've been playing around with that. The import process brings in all the old mails, contacts, calendar. Then I set up the old email accounts in the new profile, and it seems to be fine. Not sure why they make it difficult if the old and new can co-exist, why not just use the existing profile to begin with? Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Can't really answer that, sorry, but you seem to be well into finding a solution that suits you.