Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, bbearren for the description of your use of "Image for Windows". I didn't completely understand what you said, but here are two questions that occur to me:
    1. What happens if your test restore doesn't work? Could that mean that your current system is now corrupted but the backup image being restored doesn't work either? Has that ever happened?

2. Does this or any backup/image program allow any sort of a verification of a created image WITHOUT doing a test restore and risking corruption of the currently operating system?

Thanks for any comments.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfarmer View Post
    1. What happens if your test restore doesn't work? Could that mean that your current system is now corrupted but the backup image being restored doesn't work either? Has that ever happened?
    That could be a possibility, but it hasn't happened to me. In that event, I would restore my last known good image.

2. Does this or any backup/image program allow any sort of a verification of a created image WITHOUT doing a test restore and risking corruption of the currently operating system?
    Image for Windows does, and I would imagine most any other imaging software would as well. Image for Windows does a byte-for-byte validation, and I have that selected as a default for all my images. Image for Windows can also validate an image before restoring, but that option I don't use, as I know my images are validated as soon as they are written.

That being said, I still do a test restore frequently, as that is the ultimate proof that the image is good and reliable. And as I mentioned, in some of the things I do I might do multiple images and restores in a single day.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12