New Lounger
    Thanks

Text box autofill (new line) (Access 2000)

I am trying to teach myself and have been reading tips here for weeks, I have got myself stuck though. I am trying to make a combo box from which I can pick a name and then the accompanying details are completed in the text box. I am currently using

=[cboCustomer]column(1)+[cboCustomer]column(2)+[cboCustomer]column(3)+[cboCustomer]column(4)

This however brings the information up in one line instead of a new line for each column.

In case I have not made myself clear I have attached a small example of what I am tring to do
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text box autofill (new line) (Access 2000)

Is there some overriding reason to display this all in a single text box instead of separate textboxes for each value? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text box autofill (new line) (Access 2000)

Hi Charlotte

I am a student and I am trying to teach myself how to use Access. I know how to put the information into other text boxes as you suggested, all I was trying to do was to make a more visualy friendly form, i.e. less boxes etc. on the form.

When I do use multiple text boxes I have tried to use the rectangle tool to make them appear as though they are in one box but this still seems to look messy.

Thanks for your quick response

James