New Lounger
    Thanks

I need help with video card.

HI. when i bought my laptop. my video card model was an ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 4250. i brought my acer laptop 5552 to a shop to reinstal windows 7 and when i got it back, the version of my video card was ati mobility radeon HD 4200. i tried updating thinking that would put it back to 4250. no luck. i didnt change the video card. i would really love to get it back how it was. any hep would be really nice. i dont dontknow anything about video cards, but im sure i wouldhave to reovethe current video card to ot be 4250. right? it has been changed. i am lost. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks
    Hi squints, most laptop pc makers have the drivers for there pc on its web site. Just enter the model & OS then download them. http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    PCs will sometimes misidentify the exact model also; as long as it got the series right (4000) you're probably good but a video card update to the specific ones for that laptop, as Roderunner states, could restore performance to what it was if you are noticing any glitches.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Check Out the Vendors Website they probably have the updated drivers use those and You will be alright.

Last edited by SusanJack; 2012-12-11 at 09:07.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sqints View Post
    HI. when i bought my laptop. my video card model was an ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 4250. i brought my acer laptop 5552 to a shop to reinstal windows 7 and when i got it back, the version of my video card was ati mobility radeon HD 4200. i tried updating thinking that would put it back to 4250. no luck. i didnt change the video card. i would really love to get it back how it was. any hep would be really nice. i dont dontknow anything about video cards, but im sure i wouldhave to reovethe current video card to ot be 4250. right? it has been changed. i am lost. PLEASE HELP.
    It won't hurt anything to have the 4200 video driver rather than the 4250, as long as your video is displaying correctly.

If you aren't having any problems, I wouldn't worry about it.