New Lounger
    Thanks

Crazy mouse clicks

Sometimes, when I click on something, the computer does something I donít expect. For instance, just now I opened the Control panel and double clicked ďInternet OptionsĒ. Nothing happened. Sometimes when I'm trying to log out of gmail (with Chrome, IE or Firefox), a new window will open instead. And then there are the times I try to open a program by double clicking its icon, and the Properties box will open. Iíve found a work around. By tapping the Shift, Ctrl, Start and Alt keys two or three times each, sequentially, the problems goes away, but I know it will come back. Iím using Windows XP SP2 on a very old computer with a Logitech Cordless LX 500 keyboard with a Logitech Cordless Click! Mouse. Iím using the latest software. Iíve tried changing the batteries, but that has no effect. Can anybody help?

Thanks
    It could be interference ..

If you have a portable phone near the computer or mouse receiver try moving further away and also try using a different usb port to lug in the mouse receiver.

If you have another mouse try that..

Sometimes the left click goes bad and will give you erratic mouse behavior..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Hi spikejones, right click the arrowed items in my image (keyboard first) and select 'Uninstall'. Press the Power button to shut down your pc. Before restarting, change the port your USB is in. The drivers will be reinstalled on start-up.

RR.jpg
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Check at Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Keyboard whether StickyKeys is turned on (or the option to turn StickyKeys on by pressing the shift key five times).

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks,
    I'm trying another Logitech cordless mouse - MX 600