2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Animation (Powerpoint 97 - SR1)

Hello everyone,

I am using Power Point 97 (SR 1). I have been trying to make a slide show where a graphic will appear and after a few seconds it will then disappear and the next item on the slide will appear. I know I can animate the graphic through the Slide Show/ Custom Animation, and select Hide After Animation on the Effects tab. However, there is no way that anyone can see the graphic under this effect.

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me write a macro that will show the graphic, wait 5 seconds for example, and then disappear. I do not know if this is possible but if there is a way, I know I will find it in this forum.

Thank you.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Animation (Powerpoint 97 - SR1)

You could do a similar thing by using a second object that matches the background and will cover your original graphic, and has the animation settings set to have it appear after 5 seconds. The rectange or oval tool could be used to draw the cover object, filled to match the background. Use Slide Show, Custom Animation to get the order and timing right.

If the background has a gradient fill, you may have to tinker with it more to get the object to match the background perfectly than it would on a flat colored background.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I find it easier to do this type of animation over several slides. Even moving an object over the course of several slides if needed to get it in another place. This is just like paged animation from yesteryear that cartoonists used.

I used to be real stuck on doing as much as I could on ONE slide. It really doesn't matter. The viewee(?) doesn't see the difference.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I reached the same conclusion as Grant suggested. Thank you so very much for replying.