3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hidden Pages from Sectioning

I have created a long Word 2010 document. When I converted it to a PDF, I noticed that the PDF had two additional pages inserted that were missing in the Word doc. I can see that after I created a section, that the page counter jumps two pages: it goes from page 289 to page 291 even though there are no pages in between. No pages are missing. They do not display. The pages are absent in the Word doc but they show up in the PDF. I want to delete them from both. How do I do that?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You must have put odd page section breaks If you want new chapters to start on a new odd-numbered (right hand) page, that is the setting you need to use. Word then supplies the needed blanks on printing. If you do not want that, change the odd page section breaks to next page section breaks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, actually I only ever use the Next Page section breaks. But I do know that this phenomena has something to do with new sections.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Yes, if you are using different odd and even footers/headers and are formatting the first page of each chapter as an odd number, Word will insert a blank even page, which you won't see until you print (or PDF) the document, because the bookwork standard, at least in the US, is that odd page numbers fall on right-hand pages. If you want to avoid the blanks--a good idea for docs to be read online--set the page numbers to continuous.

Pam

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not an expert on this Pam, but I this is what I'm doing: creating a book with odd/even pages numbers laid out as you suggested. How do I set the page numbers to continuous?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Enter the footer or header (wherever the page numbers are) for each section, in the Header & Footer ribbon, click Page Number > Format page numbers. And click the radio button before Continue from previous.

HTH,
    Pam