New Lounger
    Thanks

When sending attachments in Outlook 2007, they appear as icons in the body

I've recently begun using Outlook 2007 after upgrading to Win7 Pro and just tried sending my first attachment (a simple Word doc), which appeared as an icon in the body text....which I DON'T want. I did an online search and watched a video of how to send attachments in Outlook 2007, in which the file name appeared in an "Attachments" line just under the "Subject" line. Mine doesn't do that. When I click on "Attach File" and get the "Insert File" dialog window, the only option is to Insert, Insert as Text, or Insert as Hyperlink. When I click "Insert", the attachment is placed as an icon in the body text and there's no "Attachments" line as I saw in the instruction video. I've tried using HTML, Rich Text, and Plain Text, and makes no difference. Besides, I'd think attachments would appear as they should no matter what format is selected.

I've used several e-mail programs over the years and have never seen this before and never had a problem until Outlook.

Am I just missing something?

DRC

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,070 Posts
    According to this, inline attachments are possible only with Rich Text emails, so I suggest you create the email in one of the two other possible formats and add the attachments afterwards.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2013-01-02)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. As mentioned in my post, I'd tried using Plain Text and HTML formatting and still had the problem. But just tried it again using HTML and the attachment file appeared in an "Attachment" line, where I want it. When I tried the first time, I either must have changed text formatting after adding the attachment, or the change didn't take effect. At any rate, it's working now and appreciate the help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Glad it's working now .