New Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar lost appointments

I've been using the calendar in Outlook for years. Suddenly all my appoints disappeared from the day, week, and month views. I know they are still there because they are listed in View/change view/active. How can I get them to show up again? If I re-enter them, they appear, but if they ever show up again, I'll have double entries. The blank dates have side tab handles that say previous and next. When I click previous, I jump back to the first of the month and the appointments show, but the next day is blank and following days are blank. Office Help says to disable addins, but that doesn't help. The same problem appears when I start Outlook in safe mode as suggested by Office Help. <br><br>Any suggestions?

Administrator
    Thanks
    What version of Outlook? Is it up-to-date with Service packs and patches?

Did you modify the view settings for any that where the entries are not visible?

Have you tried to reset the views?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is Office 2010 with Windows 7. Both are up to date with all service packs and patches. I did not modify the view settings at all. Reset current view is grayed out on the dates with no entries visible. Any idea?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you checked the View settings to see if a filter is applied?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Filter says off. I have never done anything with the view settings, but I've just checked.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Did you somehow add another Calendar that is being shown instead of your normal calendar?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I see only one calendar. When I click on the calendar icon, on the left panel it says My Calendars, but there is just one calendar. Any other ideas?

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you open one of the appointments in Active view do you see anything unusual?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Nothing looks unusual. I have discovered that the missing calendar items with just the handles showing occur in November, 2012 and include one-time dates as well as recurring dates (both are missing) and so the day is blank except for the handles which say previous appointment, next appointment. From Nov. 4-Nov. 29, all days have these handles and blank pages. When I click on previous, it jumps to Nov. 3. When I click on next, it jumps to Nov. 29. Since I had a lot of recurring dates on these pages, they didn't show up on the 2013 calendar either.

I have put in all my dates again including recurring dates. I could find them in my phone's calendar which wasn't affected even though I sync regularly. So I have given up trying to solve this vexing problem. I just hope it doesn't occur again. I appreciate your attempts to help. If you have any more ideas, I would appreciate knowing them. However, I expect you have much better things to do than pursue my problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Loss of contacts

Everyone I know, thus far 3 people (including myself), who has been setting up an iPad or iPhone and tried to sync their Outlook Calendars or Outlook Contacts has lost both.

They were both found in the iCloud and had to be recovered from there. I do not remember the procedure.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook loss of messages

I tried Office 2007 & 2010 but returned to 2003 since several functions I routinely use were not available or much more difficult to use. Outlook has an automatic archiving feature which is useful to keep your PST size down. You might see if your appointments are in the archive folder.

the automatic archive in 2003 it is
    • pull down Tools
    • Options selection
    • Other tab
    • AutoArchive Button
    • "Move Old Items to:" shows the Archive file & location.

If I right click my calendar
    • Select Properties
    • AutoArchive tab

It looks like calendar items can included.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If anyone is still reading this: All of my appointments on my iPhone disappeared, but happily remained in Outlook 10 and in my Office 365 calendar. It happened just after I'd plugged my phone into the pc usb port to download photos. When I spoke to verizon, my carrier, they couldn't figure it out. I spoke to apple/iphone, they never heard of MS Exchange Server or Office 365. They told me to turn off iCloud, that I couldn't use both it and another online storage, which is what they understood Office 365 to be.

Everything returned after I checked settings, which suddenly was set to delete events from previous month [or some such]. I hadn't changed it, so I can only blame it on the photo download. I'll never do that again!