2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tab order with a subform (2000)

I've created a form with a subform halfway through it. If I set the form in the same place in the tab order as on the form, it will tab into the subform ok but will not tab out of the subform to the remaining fields. Is there a way to make this work?

- Eric

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tab order with a subform (2000)

Hi,

When you are in a subform and want to get out to a next text box on the main form, just hit <font color=red>Ctrl + Tab</font color=red>

Tim K.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I'm wondering if there is any way to do it without the Ctrl + Tab so that the fields in the subform act just like part of the parent form.

-Eric

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you want to make the tab out of the subform invisible to your users, add another textbox to your subform. Make it unbound and locked with a zero width and a backcolor the same as your subform's background. Make it the last control in the tab order of your subform. Then, in the OnEnter event of the control do something like this:

<pre>Private Sub txtReturn_Enter()
    Me!fsbOrders.SetFocus
    Me!fsbOrders.Form![txtOrderDate].SetFocus
    End Sub</pre>

In this case, txtReturn is the name of the textbox, fsbOrders is the name of the subform control, and txtOrderDate is the name of the textbox on the subform that I want to set focus to. Otherwise, your user will have to tab twice to get to the first control in the subform.

Then put a similar unbound textbox on your subform (I'm assuming this is *not* a continuous subform) but set the focus to the Parent form and then its next control.
    Charlotte