Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    I do my own website and I know that I can easily copy the entire home page, or any other page, of any site I like and then edit the links etc in it to whatever I want so it's really not that difficult to make a exact reproduction of a website and set it up for nefarious purposes...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Banyarola View Post
    I do my own website and I know that I can easily copy the entire home page, or any other page, of any site I like and then edit the links etc in it to whatever I want so it's really not that difficult to make a exact reproduction of a website and set it up for nefarious purposes...
    Absolutely true. This is why these scams are so nefarious, as you put it.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Amazon and Paypal both allow a serious gap in their security. Neither requires an on-line purchaser to provide the security code found on the back of a credit card when making a purchase. If a hacker can somehow get into your account with either of these two companies (s)he can easily make a purchase using your card. I have had a charge made to my PayPal account by a person simply using my name. Needless to say I have had to set up my own security measures to prevent this happening again via these two companies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z-rod View Post
    Amazon and Paypal both allow a serious gap in their security. Neither requires an on-line purchaser to provide the security code found on the back of a credit card when making a purchase. If a hacker can somehow get into your account with either of these two companies (s)he can easily make a purchase using your card. I have had a charge made to my PayPal account by a person simply using my name. Needless to say I have had to set up my own security measures to prevent this happening again via these two companies.
    No Security Code was used when my old Debit Card was misused to open an iTunes Account. Those Codes are a joke.
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...7-iTunes-fraud
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks

If it didn't work they wouldn't do it

Phishers are looking for users like a couple I have to train at one of the companies I support. I changed out a system for one, mapped the server drive and turned him loose. i got called back in a few minutes to create shortcuts to the databases he uses. He can't figure out how to find his own. He didn't even learn to turn the thing on until last year. He was complaining about someone buying something on his credit card. If I didn't have the Baracudda set to block most of this stuff he would click on it. Not real bright. These are the users who follow these bad emails. I can train for the rest of my life and I'll never get them all. The only end to the phishing attacks will come when people quit falling for it. Until then train end users every chance you get. And some of them will still do it. We can only hope it is not from the systems you oversee or they will try to make it your fault.

Dennis Ewing
    San Antonio, TX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123