3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shared folder isn't accessible

At the office I volunteer at, they have 3 networked computers using Verizon FIOS
    One Vista Home Premium SP2 & 2 XP PRO SP3
    There is a folder (I’ll call it ABC) with many sub folders and files in it on the Vista computer
    The ABC folder needs to shared for access and editing on each one of the XP computers

This system was working including sharing the ABC folder but the system has been disconnected & been moved to another building. The network works ok but the ABC folder isn’t accessible on either of the XP computers

When trying to access the shared ABC folder on either of the 2 XP’s, the following message shows up
    \\VistaComputerName\Users is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
    The network path was not found

I have followed directions on the Vista computer to allow the ABC folder to be shared from a website titled Networking home computers running different versions of Windows
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ons-of-Windows

How can I make \\VistaComputerName\Users accessible on the XP computers?
    How can I set permission to use this network resource?
    --- How do I set permission on the Vista computer? I thought I had done so but I haven’t been able to find out where I did
    --- How do I set permission on each one of the XP computers?
    --- How can I have the XP computers find the network path?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    See if How TO Geek's tutorial helps:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12428...d-xp-machines/

Jerry

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Jerry, I will certainly check that out
    --- I forgot to mention this in my original post, but when they moved, Verizon installed a new FIOS router instead of just resetting everything back up with the same Actiontec M1424-WR Rev E that had been in use
    --- I didn't know that until I mentioned something different is going on and that's when the office staff told me
    --- The new one physically looked the same but I'm going to double check it
    --- At any rate, I'll check it out for just so I'll know what model/rev it is for future reference
    As I said, I'll check out the How To Geek's tutorial along with the notes I've been reviewing on the internet today
    --- The system worked just fine the last 3 years but this "simple" change isn't a simple change
    Larry

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Problem solved. They have McAfee Security Center and opened McAffe firewall port settings to use file and printer sharing on any version of Windows