Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    A final note: Dotster has decent prices, and they meet all of the requirements that I mentioned in the original posting. However, there are a couple of negatives:

1. They recently switched to a new webmail client. The new client doesn't currently allow you to set any rules for what to do with incoming email, other than spam filtering. Supposedly they're working on implementing this functionality. In the meantime, I will need to set rules in Outlook. (I'd much prefer to set my rules on the server side rather than on the client side.)

2. Anytime you need to call tech support, plan on spending about an hour on the phone. Much of that time will be on hold, waiting for a technician. However, the rest of that time will be all of the time that the tech spends with you. In other words, if you can hang on long enough to get a tech, they will give you as much time as you need.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can highly recommend FastMail.FM. I have used them for quite a few years and they are unusually informative with their system status information. The owners of the service are technical people who frequently answer questions on the forum that supports their services. They have lots of services that I do not use and they own more than 100 domain names so you have a wide variety of names to choose from when you create your visible email address. I believe they also host others domains but I'm not certain about that. I pay about $24 per year for my level of service. They do have imap as well as POP3. Even though there domain name implies some other country they are Australian and their primary servers are in New York City.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12