2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Paint.net cannot be installed on my SSD

I have used Paint-dot-net alternative to MS Paint for several years. Since transitioning to a SSD for my boot drive, the program will not install. Paint.NET.3.5.10.Install.exe extracted from a zip file reports "Fatal error" with no other information. Paint Dot Net_(some wild number) that shows up in the "Staging" sub folder under P.N reports "A Network error while reading..."

Going to the web for newer files has been a nasty lesson. One download site required me to de-select a dozen drive-by downloads on my way to getting a source file that similarly failed to install. I felt like I had fallen into the sewage plant.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    AHA! The sewage-plant download site is the first line of the "advertisement" window at the top of your page! Doesn't work!
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I am sure that issue has nothing to do with the SSD. I have Paint.Net running on my SSD without any issues.

Thanks
    Try re-downloading the latest version from the link here: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html#download

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ya the Internet is literally littered with false leads; there's as much "art" to reading those as there is to actual computing. One sure fire way of getting sound file updates and such is CNet's download.com, but even there one must increasingly wade through the additional install items that want to add themselves to your computer. You're lucky to only get a fatal error.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Finally! I ran a Microsoft Fixit program that claimed to solve the uninstallable problem. It did. Even though I did not have Paint installed (as far as I knew), this little ap uninstalled something. I tried again with the PaintNET_Setup which deluged me with screen after screen of crapware that i deleted or declined and then did not install paint. The install from the zip file did work.
    Dan Lynch
    The stonecherub