Star Lounger
    Thanks

OE-problems with reinstall

I had a problem with OE recently(I foolishly let the message store grow to almost 3 gigs.) I removed all the folders and reinstalled OE using the msoe50.inf and I could open OE download, read and send emails. The problem is I have to reinstall it every time I shutdown and then restart my computer. I didn't import the folders back into OE but the emails I get everyday since the first time I reinstalled it are still there. What am I not doing right or what do I have to do to get it to act normally and stay installed? This has been going on for a couple of weeks (at least) but I have been to busy to deal with it and I am getting emails.

Urge

Thanks
    If your email provider provides you enough space to hold all of the mail in your message store, and if they allow imap access, you might try the following:

Reinstall OE, but this time, set it up for imap access. By doing this, all of your email will stay on the server, rather than being downloaded to your computer and then deleted off of the server.

Once you have done that, and verified that it is working correctly (send some test emails in and out, just to make sure), open up your message store in the new install of OE, and move your email to the online folders.

You will now always have all of your email on the server, and readily available in the online folders, except what you put into the offline folders.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    mrjimphelps wrote...
    If your email provider provides you enough space to hold all of the mail in your message store, and if they allow imap access, you might try the following:
    Life has been crazy the last couple of days,my first chance to respond here. This idea might have some merit but it doesn't address my issue. I have to reinstall OE every time I start the computer(granted, it takes a minute or less) so where the emails are stored isn't the problem. I do need to seriously whittle down the size of my message store and I will but first I want to get back to square one with OE.

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I first had problems with OE and it wouldn't start I googled the problem and searched a lot of sites. One possible solution that I saw on various sites was to re-register the dynamic link libraries.

"Library Fix – sometimes there can be problems in one or more of the dynamic link libraries that outlook express routinely used. The easiest way to be sure all of the libraries ae working properly is to re-register them using regsvr32. Perform the folloing steps:

• Go to Start -> run
    • Type regsrv32 urlmon.dll and click OK
    • Type regsrv32 mshtml.dll and click OK
    • Type regsrv32 shdocvw.dll and click OK
    • Type regsrv32 browseui.dll and click OK
    • Type regsrv32 msjava.dll and click OK"

I did this but had issues with 2 of them.

"mshtml.dll was loaded, but the dll registerserver entry point was not found. this file can not be registered."

"regsvr32 msjava.dll loadlibrary ("msjava.dll") failed. the specified module could not be found."

At the time, I couldn't start OE but now that I can I went and tried these again but got the same results. mshtml.dll and msjava.dll had the same error messages shown above. How would one get these to properly register?

Urge