2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hacked or malware or what?

Hi,
    Folks in my contact list in Yahoo received a spam email from me. I do not know how or why this happened except I must have visited a bad site or link and I use WOT plugin. The sent email was of the type that will not let you close it unless you force a shut down. I contacted my contact list and apologized, changed my password with Yahoo and scanned my Win 7 64 bit using firefox/waterfox browser system with Malwarebytes and some online vir/malware checkers HitmanPro 64 and Housecall64 and tdsskiller. Nothing showed up on any scan and I also have Comodo anti virus/firewall and msse installed and nothing show up on them. What do you all recommend I do now, to make sure I am clean, I am up to date on my MS systems and my other software is also kept current. Any help or guidance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. PC is used just for surfing and email and I am one step above beginner in PC competence. Thanks, Stan

Thanks
    It's very likely that your Yahoo! account was hacked, not your PC; unfortunately, getting login details from Yahoo to corroborate this is not easy.

The standard Yahoo! checklist after a possible compromise of your account is here: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?local...ent&id=SLN3516

How to tell who has recently signed in to your account: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=...ressions=false

If the above show no signs of your account being compromised, time to go for help from the Malware teams, TechSupportForum, Majorgeeks forum, or BleepingComputer would be where I'd head.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

rubinontheroad (2012-12-13)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Satrow, Thank you for your quick response. I checked Yahoo and found a log in from a country I've never been to. As I said before I've changed password and created a login seal. I have no idea how this slime got into my account using a mobile in Israel and next I going to check if a keylogger was installed. Thank you very much. I do not see how to thank you except by saying it here, thanks again....Stan

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally found the "Thank you" button, takes old folks longer.....