New Lounger
    Thanks

Personal.xlsb new recorded macro is not available in other workbooks

I have been using the personal.xlsb file to hold several macros that are used in various files when download for our online database. Today I created a new macro assigned to persoanl.xlsb and it contains references to the the downloaded file and the macro will not work in a new downloaded file. I double checked the that marco was in the personal.xlsb, and made sure that the xlsb file is open.

I am in a pinch, does anyone have an ideas as to what is going on? Could there be limit to how many macros can be in the personal.xlsb file? I do not not enough about programming to change the code to allow it to be used in other workbooks.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    What do you mean by "it contains references to the the downloaded file"?
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    We have to download data from an online database. I then run that data through macros to prepare the data for use in Access. I found that my XLSTART file was accumulating the download files I was trying to record the macro in. Once I remove those, I was able to record the macro.