New Lounger
    Thanks

Built-in Administrator

Has anyone found a way to run apps and go to the Store when logged in as the built-in Administrator, please?

Thanks
    The App Store relies on a microsoft login. If you change the built-in Administrator password to a microsoft password, that would work.

That being said, I strongly advise against using the built-in Administrator for anything other than maintenance that requires that privilege level (which is not much, and which the average user would hardly encounter).
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I've been able to get things from the App store using a local Login to Windows 8. It just asks for a Microsoft User Id/password when using the App store.

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    I've been able to get things from the App store using a local Login to Windows 8. It just asks for a Microsoft User Id/password when using the App store.

Jerry
    Which is partly the way I interpreted the question. In order to use the App store (download/purchase Apps) a microsoft password is required, yes.

My assumption was that the OP wanted to be able to download/purchase from the App store using a local account for the built-in Administrator, rather than having to use a microsoft password.

I still strongly advise against using the built-in Administrator account for any type of routine use.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I still strongly advise against using the built-in Administrator account for any type of routine use.
    Amen to that bbarren.

Jerry