Thread: Mouse Problem

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse Problem

I'm running Win 8 Pro. I am a Left-Handed and use the mouse with the right button as my click button and my left button as the right click. There are two problems associated with this manner. When I set the buttons that way which is very a slow process (problem 1) but I eventually get it the way I want it, when I reboot the system does not remember the setting and I have to go through it all over again. There does not seem to be an "apply" button.

The normal default is left button as click and right button as right-click. I want just the opposite.

How can I fix this problem.

Regards,

Werner

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you using software designed specifically for your mouse or just that which is built into Win 8? I went to Control Panel-Mouse and the first tab is buttons, first checkbox is to switch primary and secondary and the normal OK Cancel and Apply buttons are at the bottom of that window, which I had to confirm with the opposite click on the mouse.
    I didn't reboot to confirm if the setting stuck but you say you don't even have an apply button so we must be looking at different settings.

mouse properties.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You may be more right than you think. That's the one thing I did not try. In the morning I wil try it. I have a disk with the original mouse drivers on it. There were updates in windows 7 so you may have hit on the problem. I will report back.
    Thanks, regards,

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was somewhat afraid to remove the mouse from Device Manager as I would not like to be without a mouse even if I couldn't get the left hand working correctly. So I first uninstalled the mouse and keyboard center which left me my mouse unless I rebooted which I did not. Then I got a new copy of the mouse & Keyboard center for my mouse 5000 for Windows 8 prof from Microsoft and installed that. There is still no apply button but there is a setup to allow a macro changing the mouse buttons and that has worked.

So I thank you very much for the suggestions and ideas. I still would like to have an apply button when I made the change but for now this will have to do.

It's another new concept in windows 8. I hate to see what Office is going to be like. I'm sticking with start8 and the windows 7 desktop for running my programs.

Kindest regards,

Werner stern
    Last edited by quincey; 2012-12-27 at 01:20.