3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Touch Mice for Windows 8

I don't know. Some of you might be interested in this. No touchscreen? No problem!-- Microsoft has now introduced touch mice that allow one to scroll sideways, etc, if I understand correctly. You can check it out here at Newegg:
    http://promotions.newegg.com/Microso...Microsoft-EB1C

Also, I stumbled upon a touch keyboard by Logitech (has a pad surface on the right hand side of the keyboard) at Amazon. That one seems to be more geared for HTPC's with Media Center. But here are a few possibilities:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_pruude5le_b

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday experience.
    Last edited by Gerard3; 2012-12-26 at 09:33.

Thanks
    Yes, these devices have been slowly making their way to the market. Most were released shortly before Win 8. We'll have to see how well they perform after seeing some reviews after a few months use.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    Yes, these devices have been slowly making their way to the market. Most were released shortly before Win 8. We'll have to see how well they perform after seeing some reviews after a few months use.
    Exactly why I'm willing to wait before I install up to Win 8. I want to be able to at least restart on my best chances for a stable system.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm thinking scroll ball on a flat surface...too simple? Prediction for new lexicon in the IT support world..."ok, now when you stroke your mouse does the page scroll in that direction?"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    I'm thinking scroll ball on a flat surface...too simple? Prediction for new lexicon in the IT support world..."ok, now when you stroke your mouse does the page scroll in that direction?"
    Coincidentally, I saw that, too-- a trackball mounted right on a keyboard. As for IT support, how will folks converse with straight faces? Right now I am a bit saddened by where things seem to be headed-- I mean, with super expensive touch screen monitors, MS pulling away some free features like Media Center, and DVD support, and maybe the ultimate demise of the desktop? I thought HTPC's were going to be all the craze. And give it true and good voice activated functionality. And I was hoping to hear more of Thunderbolt technology.
    Last edited by Gerard3; 2012-12-26 at 14:30.

Thanks
    They have a demo video at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826105538

Personally, I don't see any difference between the touch mouse and a laptop track pad. Most laptop users I know immediately get a wireless mouse and disable the touchpad. I would find a mouse with a good tilt wheel easier to use.

Jerry

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft 6000 Wireless Wheel Mouse

My "old" MS 6000 Wireless Wheel Mouse scrolls very nicely sideways. Installed Windows 8 Pro and that feature worked right from the giddy-up. Didn't have to configure a thing.

Rich

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry-- Thanks for sharing such a curious looking device. I don't know much about laptops because my hands are too large and my eyes cannot stand the strain of the size monitor for too long.

Rich-- How about that? - I feel like I've been in the dark for too long a time.