Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: OLE (Office 2000)
2001-11-13, 20:32 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
- Exeter, New Hampshire, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OLE (Office 2000)
My first post, sorry if this has been covered.
I'm trying to turn my co-workers on to the beauty of OLE. We use Word, Excel and Powerpoint a lot. Generally what we do is query data and create charts in Excel and then cut and paste the charts into either Word or Powerpoint, nothing too fancy. I don't seem to have any trouble when I paste a link from an Excel chart into a Word doc, but some of my co-workers do and we've been unable to find out why. When they choose Edit->Paste Special, click the Paste Link radio button, then OK, the chart appears in Word but much larger than the chart it is replacing (I should add that this is the first time they are trying OLE). It then takes another few steps to make the chart the correct size, which seems very unnecessary. I can't seem to duplicate their problems on my machine. We're using Office 2000 and Windows 2000. I hope I've included enough information, any help is greatly appreciated.
2001-11-16, 03:05 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Sacramento, California, USA
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: OLE (Office 2000)
Here are a few things to check:
1. Is everyone using the same versions of Office and Windows, including all the service releases and patches?
2. Is everyone using the same version of IE or another browse, including service packs?
3. Does anyone have any add-ons that are different between the machines?
4. Does everyone have the same virus checker and is it running in the same configuration (i.e., active protection, etc.)?
5. Was Office installed the same way on all the machines, i.e., a typical install on all of them?
If you answer "no" to any of the above, that's where you start looking for the reasons.Charlotte