New Lounger
    Thanks

I have a windows 7 virtual client need help with the screen

Hello everybody,

I have a virtual client running windows 7, my main os is LINUX, how can I do to get my virtual machine running with a complete full screen. Thanks in advance!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well assuming it's not just a shortcoming of whatever VM program you're using, you still need enough resources devoted to the VM so it has the capacity to allow things like full screen, mainly RAM in this case I think. If that's the case, the only experience I have with VMs on LINUX is with VMware Player for Linux, and that seemed to work every bit as well as the Windows version, so my only suggestion is to give that a try unless that's what is already in use.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What virtualization software are you using to run the Windows VM? Also, does that software come with client tools and did you install those tools within the client Windows OS? I use Oracle's VirtualBox to run my guest VMs, and it comes with client tools that I install into the client OS. Only after those tools are installed, and I reboot the client OS, can I resize the window for the client OS.

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    In VMware use Ctrl-Alt-Enter to switch to Full Screen.

In Virtual Box use Host-F (the Host Key defaults to Right Ctrl).
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinto Tech For This Useful Post:

catilley1092 (2013-03-18)

Thanks
    Normally, I simply click the middle (+) symbol on the outer VM screen, that usually works for me. A few times I had to adjust the resolution, but that's been a while back.

Cat
    My System Specs:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/N...gWw3zT1A30RkV3 MSI Notebook (OEM Win 7 Pro x64)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8...3hQlSkXzuDfbKb Dell XPS 8700 w/Windows 8