New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Can't bring window to top via titlebar.

I am using Windows 7/64. After using it for almost 2 years, something has happened, and I don't know how to fix it.

Everything else works fine, but I can't bring a Window into focus (i.e., to be the currently active window) by clicking the title bar. The only way I can bring it into focus is by clicking the icon on the taskbar. This is annoying.

And . . . to be more precise . . . it is only SOME of the time that this happens, but I can't detect a pattern.

I imagine a registry setting was changed somehow, but I have no idea what. I have though of using a Restore Point, but since I've installed and updated a lot of software and hardware lately, I hate to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Anyone?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Since you say there does not appear to be a pattern, take note of the programs that are running when this occurs. Check to see if you can set "stay on top" for any of them.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Roth (2012-12-30)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Since you say there does not appear to be a pattern, take note of the programs that are running when this occurs. Check to see if you can set "stay on top" for any of them.
    Joe
    Joe, thanks for the idea! One by one, I closed programs running in the foreground, then the background. The culprit was "Holdkey," a utility for inserting accented and special characters easily.

Finding a special-chars program that works under Windows 7/64 has been difficult. I used AllChars under Windows XP, but it doesn't work under 7. Holdkey was the best so far.