New Lounger
    Thanks

Mawarebytes Blocking IP Messages

Hi,
    I've been getting a message from Malwarebytes to the effect that it has successfully blocked access to 92.235.128.161, a potentially malicious site, type outgoing and process explorer.exe, even though I'm not running any active program, like a browser. I understand that sometimes p2p software will give rise to this message, and I did have a p2p on my PC which I've uninstalled; however, the message keeps popping up about every 15 minutes. I've since run Malwarebytes and MSE and both report no findings.
    I'm aware that I can simply set Malwarebytes to ignore this, but I'd feel better if I might find the cause.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    According to IP Information for 92.235.128.161 is registered to a site in the UK. You could still have a background process trying to "phone home". Try using a tool such as Autoruns or WhatInStartup to see and manage what programs are started when you boot the PC.

Joe

Thanks
    Access to or from?

That IP address appears to be a Virgin cable customer in the Bristol area of England: http://whois.domaintools.com/92.235.128.161

Are you behind a hardware router/firewall?