Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer- Strange Problems With IE10 In Windows 8

For some unknown reason IE 10 will not open at all from my desktop taskbar or from the entry in Classic Shell's Programs Menu. However, I managed to get to this page from a link in Favourites (not from my Windows Secrets Favourites item), and then Googling Windows Secrets Lounge.

Apart from the above, my home page (uk.msn.com) scrolls automatically in IE 10, and it's very difficult to get to the area I wish to view.

If anyone can tell me how to resolve these problems I would be very grateful.
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I restarted in Windows 7, where IE 10 was working normally, did a few things there, and then restarted in Win 8, and lo and behold IE 10 worked again, except that I still have the automatic scrolling problem on my home page, and if anyone can tell me how to fix that I would be grateful.
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    A quote from ehow;

• Check your mouse. Make sure it is properly connected to the computer. Also make sure the wheel on the mouse is moving freely without any hindrance. Try another mouse and see whether the problem is because of a faulty mouse.

• 2 Click on the "Start" button and select "Run..."

• 3 Type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes and press the "Enter" key. This will launch the "Task Manager" window.

• 4 Scroll down the list to find "Display Adapters." Click on the little plus sign to expand it. Right-click on your display adapter and select "Update Driver Software." Wait until Windows updates the necessary drivers. You may be prompted to restart your computer after it finishes the update.

• 5 Scroll down to find "Sound, Video and Game Controllers." Click on the little plus sign to expand it. Right-click on your video controller and select "Update Driver Software." Wait until Windows updates the necessary drivers. You may be prompted to restart your computer after it finishes the update.

• 6 Relaunch Internet Explorer. Click on "Tools" and select "Internet Options." Click on the "Advanced" tab. Click the button that says "Restore advanced settings." Hit "Apply" and select "OK" to end process.

Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten