5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer stops working

Several weeks ago IE on my wife's PC began to occasionally display a message that it had "stopped working" and there was nothing I could do except close it. At that time I couldn't relate the problem to anything that had changed so I activated the Chrome browser for her to use. Tonight my PC started exhibiting the the same problem! This time I have a little more info. I use the LastPass password manager and the problem began when I entered the master password into LastPass! LastPass has been working fine in my IE until now. Yesterday, I followed Fred Langa's advice in the Windows Secrets newsletter and changed some IE settings to increase security and that actually prevented the LastPass toolbar from being displayed. When I changed the setting that caused that problem and tried to open LastPass the problem occurred. I know that at least some of the problem situations on my wife's PC were also related to opening LastPass.

Obviously, I could possibly change all the IE settings back to the way they were and that would probably fix the problem for now but I'm wondering if there is a way to narrow the problem down a little better? I would appreciate any suggestions on how to figure out what is really wrong.

I don't really like Chrome so far!

Thanks,
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Probably the first one he mentioned:

"Disabling the Enable third-party browser extensions option provides better security, but if you depend on specific third-party add-ons, toolbars, or other extensions,
    you might prefer to leave this option enabled (checked)
    "

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Probably the first one he mentioned:

"Disabling the Enable third-party browser extensions option provides better security, but if you depend on specific third-party add-ons, toolbars, or other extensions,
    you might prefer to leave this option enabled (checked)
    "
    Yep that screws up using LastPass

But even if he puts it back the way it was, that does nothing for the IE problem he & wifey are having.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've decided to restore all the settings that I changed and then redo them one at a time. Hopefully, I'll find which one caused this problem and I'll just leave it in its original state.

Thanks for comments.
    Bill

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Please report back with your findings.

I am sure a lot of other people are also having the same problem.