Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail Folder Rename Problem

I have a storage folder which I wrongly named Open dns, instead of Open DNS. Every time I try to rename it I am told an error has occurred. How can I rename it?
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Log on to Outlook.com with your web browser. Right click on the folder name and select rename. Windows Live Mail will pick up the change on the next Send/Receive. I have no idea why this works and trying it in Windows Live Mail doesn't.

Jerry
    Last edited by jwitalka; 2013-01-01 at 11:59.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Jerry, and a happy New Year to you!

I logged on to Outlook.com, the very first time I've been there, and was very impressed with the look of it. At the moment I have no idea how to use it, and, as I say, I have never visited the site before so the folder concerned was not there and I have no idea how to add my WLM folders to Outlook.

I have solved the immediate folder problem another way. I moved the messages in it to my Inbox, then deleted the folder, then replaced it by creating a new folder with the correct name, and then moved the messages back from my Inbox to the new folder.

Regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    if you don't have an Outlook.com account, the same procedure probably would have worked by signing in to Hotmail.com unless the folder you were talking about was related to some other Email provider. Anyhow, it loooks like you solved your problem on your own.

A Happy New Year with no more PC issues to you as well.

Jerry