New Lounger
    Thanks

can't log in to a server, full sessions connected

Hello, what do you usually do when you have a server 2008 and want to log on but you can't because the connections are already taken? How do you find out what connections are passive or not active and log them off, I would like to know if I can do this from a different server but what are the steps, thanks in advance.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    PSTools "psloggedon" will tell you who is logged on to any PC. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you who is disconnected, but works on servers without requiring admin permissions.
    Windows "Terminal Services Manager" will connect to the server and show who is connected and disconnected, but you need to be a server admin.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks

hello again

Some of my servers have Terminal Services Manager where I can monitor users but in other servers from different networks they don't have terminal service manager installed. Im administrator, so I have privileges, I would like to know if there is a restriction for me to add this tool or what server it can be installed.

Thanks for your reply!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    You can run TS manager on server A and connect to server B to view the connections.

cheers, Paul