New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Outlook 2010 - searching part of a phone number

Hi, people!
    happy 2013!
    In Outlook 2010 I need to search Contacts with part of phone numbers to check with all people in home, and know who called who.
    Normally I put the last 4 digits in search field and that's it.

My surprise is to figure out that Contacts in Outlook 2010 only find this occurrence if it is an hyphen before the 4 digits.
    So, if I search 4321 in Contacts, Outlook find 9876-4321 but didn't find 987654321. This is annoying, because now we have 9 digits to cellphones, and no hyphen is inserted when I fill out the phone numbers. So I have many contacts with and without hyphen inside the phone number.

Maybe someone of you knows a turnaround to make this search efficient? What I am doing? Exporting all stuff as PDF, and then search in PDF document. Then I can find everything I need. But it's a waste of time, isn't it?
    Last edited by wetabax; 2013-01-04 at 10:28.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To do this on Outlook 2010 ;

1. Open Advanced Find (keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+F)
    2. Select the Advanced tab
    3. Press Field and select a field to search, for example: Frequently-used fields-> Mobile Phone
    4. Set Condition: to "Contains"
    5. Set Value: to "4321"
    6. Press "Add to List"
    7. Press "Find Now"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Mr Nathan - thanks for your answer.

1- MsO in portuguese has another shortcut Ctrl+Shift+L (Advanced Find)
    2. ok.
    3. Houston, we have a Problem! I can only insert a field WITH a value inside. That means, I need to insert 4 or 5 fields with the value in the criterion list, and only for this part of the phone number. I can save this search task as well. And if I have a new phone number to search, I need to change the value in all fields selected (home, work, mobile etc -phone), one by one. Something annoying, don't you think?

Again: I'm looking for a way to search in all phone numbers (home, work, mobile and so one...) a part of a phone number.
    The only way I found, is export all MsO contact list to a PDF file and then open this file and search what I need.