Lounger
    Thanks

Win7 Desktop stuck in stretch mode

Hi,

I need help with a frustrating problem. I have set a picture as my wallpaper. I set the picture position as fit. I saved these settings as a theme. When I startup my laptop Win7 insists on returning the picture position to stretch distorting my picture. I go to personalize and double click my theme and the fit option is returned and the picture again appears normal. I have tried everything I can think of with no success. Can someone out there help? There has to be someplace where a default is being stored and is overwriting my theme. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is it an HP? If so, there's a bug fix for that: Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler

Bruce

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but

Thanks for the thought! No, it is a Dell but according to some threads I had found on the net it was supposed to work on systems other than HP so I downloaded it to try. No joy.

Bob

Thanks
    Hi Bob, I have just under 400 wallpapers that I use on both my pc's. As both pc's have different screen sizes, I resized them to fit the smaller screen (Laptop) and have no trouble usng them on both pc's.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bob
    I am not sure how you saved it as a theme but i had a similar problem and clicked on my desktop picture in the bottom left set to fill and clicked save changes.
    I haven't had any problems since. Is this the way you did it?
    Barry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bwc View Post
    Bob
    I am not sure how you saved it as a theme but i had a similar problem and clicked on my desktop picture in the bottom left set to fill and clicked save changes.
    I haven't had any problems since. Is this the way you did it?
    Barry
    I meant to say in personalization i clicked on the desktop picture in the bottom left.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses

Roderunner, my photo works well in fit mode and I want to be able to have windows work without my having to resize photos. There just has to be a way to get windows to stop changing the wallpaperstyle setting at bootup.

BWC, yes I have tried that many times. I am having the problem because I set the option to fit and windows wants to change it to stretch.

Bob