Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Need help about my window xp disc

I have never saw this on my window xp installing. I need to knwo is this normal or is this a hacker disc? I got this Disc from Dell compauter... Please help me to figure out if the Windows is orginal or hacker software?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LadyComp; 2013-01-08 at 17:18.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    LadyComp,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

This screen shot looks like it is not the Win XP installation disk but rather the software provided by Dell with your PC when you bought it. Depending on the age of the machine Dell's used to come with 2 disks. One which acutally contained Windows XP and another which contained the Drivers and Software provided by Dell, which is the disk which I believe is showing you this message. Notice it says it is Installing Applications - Windows would not say this.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Banned Member
    Thanks
    There is nothing Microsoft in the branding; no logo, not MS colours, not Windows shades (teehee, get it?), not familiar font, doesn't look like anything MS or Windows to me BUT, maybe it is something from Dell.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Win8Logo.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I know it would not say this. Dell is selling me a disc that has hacking software on it. That is sad but I will be contacting BBB on this. Pay $20 for recovery disc and all i got is 1 Disc with that program on it

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    LadyComp,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

This screen shot looks like it is not the Win XP installation disk but rather the software provided by Dell with your PC when you bought it. Depending on the age of the machine Dell's used to come with 2 disks. One which acutally contained Windows XP and another which contained the Drivers and Software provided by Dell, which is the disk which I believe is showing you this message. Notice it says it is Installing Applications - Windows would not say this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    LadyComp,

Before you jump the gun. You didn't tell us you had just bought the disk. You might want to contact Dell about this. The disk may be trying to reinitialize the Dell Recovery Partition. This partition could be accessed via Ctrl+F11 when booting and would enter a program that would completely reset the system to the way it was when it was shipped to you. You would then go through the normal Dell setup routine. If this is what you have make sure you backup all your data prior to completing the process.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Where and how did you purchase it? [provide details please]

If you purchased directly from Dell, allow the entire setup to continue.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    If you are really concerned, even though it came directly from Dell & you ordered it from them, call & talk w/ Dell about it. Toll free # & can't do any harm to voice your concerns to them, see what they tell you. But, likely Clint is right.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Win8Logo.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I brought from Dell but the package say it came from GENCO DELL and that a third party that is a trading computer who buy from all over the world. Now it won't even let me update the windows.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did call Dell and got no help from the agent and he was rude to me telling me to send back the disc and that it and hung up. .. I have brought like two years ago a recovery disc from them and never had that problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did call Dell and got no help from the agent and he was rude to me telling me to send back the disc and that it and hung u .. I have brought like two years ago a recovery disc from them and never had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    If you are really concerned, even though it came directly from Dell & you ordered it from them, call & talk w/ Dell about it. Toll free # & can't do any harm to voice your concerns to them, see what they tell you. But, likely Clint is right.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Win8Logo.jpg

Banned Member
    Thanks
    The only one that can & should & must address this & deal w/ this is Dell. Try to find a phone # that is answered by someone in North America.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Win8Logo.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I brought from Dell but the package say it came from GENCO DELL and that a third party that is a trading computer who buy from all over the world. Now it won't even let me update the windows

Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    Where and how did you purchase it? [provide details please]

If you purchased directly from Dell, allow the entire setup to continue.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have try DREW 5 times already get nobody from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    The only one that can & should & must address this & deal w/ this is Dell. Try to find a phone # that is answered by someone in North America.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Win8Logo.jpg

Thanks
    An alternative would be to repeat the install.
    The disk you received should be fully bootable and therefor allow for a clean install of the entire operating system.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You know what I did reboot again. It won't let me update the windows at all. i even went into Mircosoft and try the FixIt but it won't work if the windows not update

Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    An alternative would be to repeat the install.
    The disk you received should be fully bootable and therefor allow for a clean install of the entire operating system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast