New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't chang field sizes (2000 SR-1)

I have a table in a back-end database with approx 100k records. Database size is approx 60MB. No matter how or where I try, I cannot change the size of any fields. I get the message "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough disk space or memory."
    I know messages of this type rarely mean what they say so can anyone point me towards the real problem?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't chang field sizes (2000 SR-1)

Not sure why you are having this problem, but I have an idea of how you might get round it.
    In the Back-end table
    Copy the table that has the fields you want changed and see if you can change them in the duplicate table. If this works, remove the original table from any relationships in which it participates, delete the original table, rename the new table to the original table and re-create the relationships previously defined.
    I hope that may assist

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It is probably a page lock issue. See this knowledgebase article for details: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q209/9/40.asp>ACC2000: Error Message: There Isn't Enough Disk Space or Memory [Q209940]</A>
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte
    Once again you are spot on. Many thanks