Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Customized Functions (2000)

Over the past several months, with excellent assistance from many of you, I have accumulated several "custom" one-step functions that are variations of those offered by Excel (i. e., combinations of more than one, etc.). Is there any way to save these and call them up when needed? Keep in mind these are not VBA-initiated, but are simple combinations of the functions offered by Excel, such as calculating the number of days in a month by referencing a date in another cell (see my query below), etc.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Customized Functions (2000)

Jeff, I use personal.xls to store useful information like you have. When you create a personal macro workbook, personal.xls, you get not only a VBA place to store macros and functions, but also worksheets in which you can save examples of function combinations like you have. Normally, personal.xls is hidden, but I keep mine unhidden so that I can easily see the samples.

To create a personal workbook:
    1) Use the Tools, Macro, Record New Macro menu
    2) In the Record Macro dialog box, click the Store-Macro-In drop-down list arrow and select Personal Macro Workbook
    3) Press OK
    4) Press the Stop Recording button (the square not the x)
    5) When you exit, be sure to say Yes when Excel asks you if you want to save changes to Personal.xls

Once created, personal.xls automatically opens each time that you start Excel. By default, your personal workbook is hidden, but you can use the Window, Unhide menu to see personal.xls. Once it is unhidden, it will remain that way until you use the Window, Hide menu to hide it again. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Customized Functions (2000)

There is no way to make those easily available without converting them the VBA functions. If you convert them to VBA (we would be happy to help), then there are a couple of way to keep them available. You can put them into your Personal.xls and then you can refer to them like this":

<pre>="Personal.xls"!MyFunction(A1)
    </pre>

If you don't want to have to refer to the workbook name every time, then you can put them in an Addin file.
    Legare Coleman