Lounger
    Thanks

XP, iomega peerless & win98

I bought an Iomega peerless disk to use for backup and file transfer purposes.
    As well as using it to switch from 98se to XP on my laptop. I'm going to copy the entire drive over to the peerless (HDD's only 6GB) and do a clean install on a new 20gb HDD. I'm pretty confident that peerless is compatible with XP but I'm unsure about the file systems used on these.
    98se is fat32 and so is the peerless.
    But does XP use NTFS ?? or an amended version of this ?
    If I do the install will XP recognise the fat32 peerless ?

Dell inspirion 7500, 6gb hdd Plll 450mhz 128mb ram ( will be 384mb ram after upgrade)
    firewire PCMCIA card to 20gb iomega peerless

ileacy

Re: XP, iomega peerless & win98

Iomega has a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.iomega.com/xp/>Moving Kit</A> package for people migrating to XP that specifically mentions the Peerless.

Having said that, Eileen did not have good luck with the Firewire Peerless. In fact, she sent it back.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that, I've downloaded that and no doubt it will be useful.
    I have to say I'm very pleased with my firewire peerless and so far had no problems.
    I saw some previous posts relating to speed issues so for the record... I backed up my documents folder, 423MB in 4 mins. however I did use MS backup on 98se with no verification.

I can only presume from the existence of the migration tool that file system differences are not an issue.

Any thoughts ?

ileacy

Should be no problems. FAT32 is a portable file system.