New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Multimedia keyboard scan codes on WIN7

OK...had to replace my HP USB multimedia keyboard. I happened to have a older HP PS2 style multimedia keyboard. So rather than purchasing a new USB keyboard I used one of those PS2-> USB adapter cables. The basic keyboard functions work perfect, reg. keys, Alt, Ctrl, WIN key. The problem is I can't seem to get the multimedia volume keys to work.

What I find is those 3 keys (increase, decrease, mute) generate keyboard scan codes that correspond to the the letter keys b, c, d (codes 48, 46, 32). Anybody have any idea on how to get these keys to generate the proper scan codes, which I believe are 128, 129, 130.

I've search the web but haven't seen anything that would allow me to change the "scancode" value in the registry. Is it possible that the "adapter cable" is not passing all the "bits" of the scan codes?

Bob

Thanks
    Hi Bob,
    you will have to get the keyboard drivers from HP, not sure if they will work if your OS is not HP.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Bob,
    you will have to get the keyboard drivers from HP, not sure if they will work if your OS is not HP.
    Thanks. Already been that route. I like HP hardware but their support not so much. If your HP computer is more than a year+, good luck on getting updated drivers.

So for now I just remapped some function keys (Fx) to volume up, down and mute.

Bob

Thanks
    Good thinking.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!