3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

123 for DOS macro stops

I run a looping macro in Lotus 123 release 2.2 for DOS (!) but after running merrily for around 72 seconds it suddenly stops stone dead - why would this be happening and what can I do to fix it? I've meddled with just about all of the property settings but that doesn't seem to do the trick.
    Yea, I know, release 2.2 but the macro runs fastest in this version. And hey, this was the killer ap that got people buying PCs in the first place!
    Anyway, if you can help me to get this macro to run continuously as it should I'd be most grateful.
    Thanks for any help!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 123 for DOS macro stops

Do you have old good 286 machine somewhere in the attic? Seriously, Win2k has no true DOS mode anymore, and you need DOS to run your Lotus 1-2-3. Consider to establish a dedicated computer for old DOS applications; another option is dual-boot with DOS partition (do you still have your DOS 6.22 installation diskettes?).
    By the way, you'll boot to DOS very fast, and your DOS-based applications will run with incredible speed on 1 GHz machine with 512 MB of RAM.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 123 for DOS macro stops

Thanks, you may well be right, but I was hoping to cash in on the speed of today's computers.
    Anyway, I have solved the problem - the issue lies with the {windowsoff} 1-2-3 command which, in NT and Windows 2000+ stops the macro stone dead. Runs fine without it. The command also has no effect in Windows98 or previous, where the macro works fine.
    The command turns off the constant screen updating in 1-2-3, making it run faster. Perhaps the terminology got up Bill's nose!
    Anyway, if anyone else has a problem with 1-2-3 macro's in Win 2xxx or NT, here's something to look for!