New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry cmos password removal

My Dell Latitude laptop has a cmos password set by the factory. At startup, before the bios is loaded, I get an error message (BP9Y121-595B) . Can someone please advise me how to remove this password??
    Thank you in advance.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Contact Dell support.

Jerry

Thanks
    Possible solution: Lost password - Resetting the BIOS, or this.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That code indicates you've got a Latitude C640 with a 595B bios, so try the solution at http://www.techadepts.com/?p=385. It's been a few years, but I have successfully used that to recover old Latitude bios passwords before.

(Tip: Normally I wouldn't recommend downloading exes from unfamiliar sites, but if you're not into compiling the C code yourself you can scroll to the bottom of the code and there's a Windows binary you can download. This one seems to be okay but as usual in these kinds of things, caveat emptor.)