5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft releases critical patch for IE

PATCH WATCH

Microsoft releases critical patch for IE

By Susan Bradley

When there's an out-of-cycle update from Microsoft, it's almost always one we want to install quickly. This special edition of Patch Watch has two critical fixes that should be added to Windows workstations without delay.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/patch-watch/microsoft-releases-critical-patch-for-ie/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Re Java update: Unfortuately I have to have Java for banking services. On checking I too, found Update 9 and Update 11 in the Control Panel, the reason being that I have both 32bit & 64bit browsers running on the computer. So be aware that you must install both version when updates appear.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    New suggestion (as a first time lounge poster I do not know how to change the subject): I think it would be helpful that a change in the install status from the previous patch chart should be identified in a color different from black (i.e. red, green, etc.)

Thanks
    As stated in the article, the latest Java Update does not address the underlying security concerns . Banks should get up to speed about this and stop using Java Browser Applets in their sites. But I'll bet they won't.
    -- Bob Primak --