Thanks

Do I need two Internet Explorer shortcuts?

On my sons laptop, I am seeing 2 I.E. shortcuts. One of them says Internet Explorer (64-bit) and the other doesn't. Both shortcuts lead to the same webpage, as does the taskbar shortcut.
    In looking at the Windows Updates in the control panel I see at the very bottom "Windows Internet Explorer 9" but no mention of 64-bit, which really doesn't surprise me, knowing that it is part of the O.S.
    So, is it safe to delete that or better off leaving alone since there doesn't appear to be any problems. And how about deleting one of the ALL Program shortcuts?

Thanks
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    A OS that is 64 Bit includes both a 32 Bit and a 64 Bit IE. The 32 Bit IE is generally default unless you use the 64 Bit shortcut to open IE all the time.

IE (64) is as you correctly guessed the 64 Bit version

IE is the 32 Bit version. I have also seen it referred to as IE (x86)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you do not care about 64-bit IE delete the shortcut. You can always re-create later if you need it.

Joe