New Lounger
    Thanks

Form to Edit Records (Access 2000, Office SP-1)

I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but I can't quite get there. I am converting a database from Oracle 6 to Access, and have most of it ready to go. What I can't seem to get is how to give the users a form similar to the one I use to add a new record. It should ask the user which case to edit, and then present just that case.
    I created a parameter query that brings up the right case, but it's a query, not a form. This probably isn't clear, but I didn't want to distress everyone with keyboard diarrhea (sp?) Thanks for any and all suggestions, I will really appreciate them.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form to Edit Records (Access 2000, Office SP-1)

Create a new form using the new query. I suggest using the "Form Wizard" when making a new form.
    Or
    If you already have a form, copy it and paste it as a new form.
    Then go into the new form and open the form's properties and select the new query as the source for the new form.
    You then may have to go to the properties of some of the fields and change them to the new source.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm probably being really dense, but I don't see how I get the form to come up for the user. I present the user with the form that collects the record ID to be used in the query. At present, the result is that the query shows. How do I get the new form to come up instead of the query result? Thanks for your patience!

kevrizz

I'm not sure if I'm reading the problem right, but one thing you might want to look at is the Form Properties to see if it it set for Datasheet View or Form View. Datasheet view will give you a query like result, whereas Form View should give you the form.