eric926

Selecting a Different Row to Use as a Header Row (2000)

I would like to select a different row other than the first one in a table to use as the header row, but Word 2000 won't allow me to do so. I tried using hidden text, but the text is hidden on subsequent pages of the table as well. Any ideas?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting a Different Row to Use as a Header Row (2000)

So you have a table that spans multiple pages and you want the header row on the first page to be different than that on the other pages containing the table.
    Make 2 tables, one for the first page and the other with header row for the next and subsequent pages.

Good luck,
    Bob_D

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Eric:

I find that Word is a little tricky because of hidden text. But it should work. If you want the second row to be the repeating header row, make both the first & second rows heading rows. Then format the first row as hidden.

Problem is that it will be hidden in the first page also. Either you have header rows or not. But if what your trying to do is what Bob surmised, his method is the way to go.

There is one more complicated way to fake header rows.
    1. Insert a table on the first page & spill it onto the second page.

2. On the second page, create a header with the row you want to repeat throughout the document.

3. Create a different first page header (from File/Page Setup/Layout tab) & leave it blank.

You'll have to play around with the margins to make it come out right. If you then want to end the table but continue the document, you'll have to create a section break & make the next section have a blank header.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

While it requires that you use the first row, it will also allow additional (contiguous) rows to be designated.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin