New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 VBA: Turn off Characters and spaces

Does anyone know if you can write VBA in Outlook to turn off Outlook's editor options.

For example, I would like to turn off 'Tab Characters' and 'Spaces' within the Display area of Editor options, as well as a couple of other AutoCorrect Options.

Thanks so much in advance.

Thanks
    First, do you mean when you're composing an email using Word as email editor? Second, why do you wish to do this with VBA? It's pretty easy to do within the UI.

Best, Kim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes regarding composing email using Word as email editor. We want to do this with VBA to save 5 or 6 steps when setting up a new user and also enforce these settings across the firm. Our IT couldn't do this when office 2007 was initially deployed. So, we want to put the code inside an autoExec macro so that it runs each time users start. We realise that this will mean overriding users .otm files by distributing the macro via VbaProject.otm. Thanks Kim.

Thanks
    Well, I have to say that I wasn't able to get there from here.

There is no AutoExec function in Outlook. If you want something to run when the program starts, use the Application_Startup() event.

However, the only code I found was for Word. Outlook didn't seem to have equivalent objects. Also, turning display of Tabs and Spaces on and off consists of variations on ActiveWindow.View.ShowAll = False, which assumes the document editor is open. It shouldn't run on Outlook startup as there is no editor window active.

I don't know if there's an Outlook event for starting the email editor, and I couldn't find a registry setting, nor a group policy setting, though I admit I haven't done an exhaustive search. I think you'll need input from Outlook experts to determine what to do next.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, Kim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Kim. I think you have come to the same conclusion as I have. Am I allowed to post the same question on the Outlook forum?
    Cheers, Jill

Thanks
    Hi Jill. I think it's worth a try. Just acknowledge that you posted it in the vba forum a few days ago with no solution and does anyone in the Outlook forum have any suggestions.

Best, Kim