3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dynamically Challenged (in Charts)

I'm trying to set up a chart using dynamic range names for data. I've created and tested all the ranges and using Name Manager have verified the blinking dashed lines around the proper data sets and they all look good.

But when I try to add the first _Range (DailyNewLikes_Range) into the Series Value I get an formula-contains-an-error message. Shouldn't I be able to add the range to Series Value using the F3 Paste Name function? I can manually add a set of data to the chart but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I try to use a range name (there are four named ranges named *_Range). The manually added range bypasses the dynamic feature of the ranges so I'd really like to learn what I'm doing wrong.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    On the excel help forum, a lady named Deborah seems to be the expert on dynamic charts - she has a website with examples. I am retired 5 years now and cannot remember any more detail, sorry.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi brewer39

Would this be the site.

http://www.contextures.com/index.html

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    You have to include workbook name in the series value. instead of DailyNewLikes_Range put ='Sheet1'!DailyNewLikes_Range that is if your workbook name is Sheet1

that should do it

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Kevin - that is the one - I used to refer to it often, then tell my boss I had figured it out.