3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect Free

Please help, not quite sure about backups.
    On Backup Definition Files, under file name it shows 3 files, is this correct? Are all these 3 files the same?
    When the schedule backup runs, does it backup to all these files or is a new file created each time?
    Is this all correct or does something need changing?
    As you can see I have difficulty with backing up!
    Regards
    Dave

Macrium.png

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dave, I'm no expert on Macrium Reflect Free, but those files you are seeing, My Backup.xml, My Backup(1).xml, etc. are the configuration files or "Backup Definition Files", not the targets or destinations. Each one is a configuration file that defines what you see listed down below under "Imaging Summary". To know whether they are the same or not you would click on each one in the upper part of the window and see if the settings down below change.
    Given the file names it seems you may have inadvertently made a couple of copies of your backup definition file.
    As to which one, if any, are used during a scheduled backup you would want to click on the Scheduled Backups tab and if you have a backup scheduled it will show which Backup Definition File is used.
    Take a look at this link: http://www.macrium.com/gallery.aspx and watch the video on scheduling a backup.
    -Eric

New desktop: Core i7-3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, Win 7 64-bit
    Old desktop: P4-2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 35 GB 10,000 RPM HD, 300 GB 7200 RPM HD, Win XP 32-bit
    Laptop: Core 2 duo 2.0 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 400 GB HD, Vista 64-bit
    various hulks in the garage: P4-2.4 GHz, Athlon XP1800, PII-450

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Eric
    Many thanks for your great help. Yes I must have made a couple of copies of my definition file. Shows what can be done when a person
    does not know how!
    The link you gave me is most helpful, so Macrium is making a lot more sense to me.