2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Importing bookmarks into Chrome Android

I am setting up a Nexus 7 tablet and have successfully transferred my address book/contacts from Thunderbird on my PC to K9-Mail on the tablet using My Phone Explorer but cannot find a way to transfer my Bookmarks from Firefox on the PC to Chrome on the tablet. AirDroid seem so be all about transferring files from the tablet rather than to it. Has anyone any suggestions?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So, I take it the nature of your question isn't specifically about Chrome or the bookmarks, but rather about how to transfer files? (I ask because I'm confused why it would require a different technique than transferring your addbk/contacts. In both cases you're merely transferring files, right? What you do with the files once you get them into the tablet may be different, but each task starts with a file transfer, right?)

IAC, if AirDroid isn't working, have you tried a different app--such as "Wifi File Transfer" on the tablet?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No! The question was specifically about transferring Bookmarks from Firefox on a PC to Chrome on an Android tablet but if you have information on how to transfer files generally then this would be appreciated since I have only been working with Android for a few days and am completely at see at the moment. I transferred my contact by WiFi so that connection is established but I could find no way on AirDroid to transfer file from a PC to a tablet. Maybe I am missing something there?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, OK. Well, let me start by saying my android phone is older so doesn't support the Chrome browser, but I'll make a guess that the process might be essentially similar to transferring bookmarks from FF to Chrome on your PC. On your PC you would first go to FF and export your bookmarks to a html file, then you would go to Chrome and import bookmarks from the same html file.

Does android Chrome have a bookmarks manager with the option to import bookmarks from a html file? If so, export the FF bookmarks to a html file, upload the file to your tablet, and have android Chrome import them. If android Chrome has no such facility, then you may need to install Chrome on your PC, import your FF bookmarks to that, and install the Chrome extension to sync your Chrome settings between PC and android.

You've got AirDroid, so you should be able to use that for transferring files from PC to the android device, assuming you've got the Nexus and your PC connected to the same home network. The first step is to launch AirDroid on the Nexus. The opening screen will give you an IP address and a passcode to use. Open a web browser on your PC, go to the designated IP address, and login with the passcode. Do all your downloading/uploading from the PC. Once logged in to the AirDroid desktop via your PC, click the "Files" icon. Navigate to a suitable folder to which you want to upload your files, such as "sdcard" or "external_sd" or "download". (The exact folder structure may vary from one device to another, but the android system is usually pretty forgiving about where you stash things.) Once you have your target android folder open, click the "Upload" button. Navigate to the file(s) on your PC that you want to upload and drag them into the Upload window. They'll be uploaded to the android folder you had open at the time.