Thanks

Word 2010 - Track Changes - Label Changes With

I set up Word 2010 under File, Options, General to use my employee number as my "User name". I thought that this would populate elsewhere, like in the Compare dialog under "Label Changes with". However, the "Label Changes with" always defaults to "Author" and I have to change it manually. Is there a way to make the default "Label Changes with" use my "User name"?? I have searched the Word forum, but didn't see anything pertinent. Thx.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    When you first make a tracked change, is the label correct? And after saving, is it changed to "Author"? That indicates that the document inspection to clear personal information is on. To turn it off, go to File > Info. In the Prepare for sharing section, click the "Allow this information to be saved in your file" link.

HTH
    Pam Caswell

Thanks
    Great. Thx. I will try that tomorrow when I get back to the office. That's probably it.

-Rich

Thanks
    Is this a setting that can be set globally? Probably. If so, where is it? I don't want to have to do this for each file I'm editing. Thx.

Thanks
    I found the setting to remove personal info on file save. However, my employer must have turned off the option because it's grayed out (or it's unavailable for some other reason). It's not checked, though, so I would assume that personal info is not being stripped. I think I might just change my user name to "Author" so that I don't have to remember to set the "Label Changes with" option when I run a compare. ;-).

Thx.